Thursday 22 January 2009

I Have a Dream!


I had a dream! and over the past few years I often wondered, if it would come True. They told us it wouldn't, but we said "Yes We Can" Thanks Jon Favs! - Now we have President Barack Obama, he promised us Hope and to bring about Change, now his term in office has started and he has such a difficult job.

The informal picture above I love taken at The Inaugural on Tuesday 20th January 2008, for me it portrays so well the Humility of the President as he chats so friendly with The Server and that also reflects in Michelle and the Girls as well.

Another personal photo taken the eve before the Inauguration, shows the President Elect then, dressed so informal with his young talented speech writer Jon Favreau talking with Barack as they put the final touches to the speech.



Of course there have been many amateur critics of The Inaguration Speech, very similiar to Simon Cowell, but this is not Amercian Idol. For me in the current crisis the world finds itself in inclduing the USA, the speech set the right tone and mood. It reflects that we do not just need words from the past, it is Now and the Future that is more important. Now we watch and support The President.

Words that struck accord with me, I leave you with.

"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America"

God Bless President Barack Obama in this task and challenge.

No comments: