Friday 26 June 2009

Michael Jackson - Rest in Peace

It is with such deep shock that I woke this morning to hear the sad news of the Passing of Michael Jackson.

Last night I was planning to write a new blog about a very brave young boy Harley Slack, I will write that later, but as I went to turn the TV off at the end of the late news here in England, news was just breaking that Micheal had been rushed to Hospital. This morning I woke at 5am to hear this sad news.

Michael Jackson and his Family have been a huge part of my life as The Jackson Five were my teen era. I remember seeing Michael and his Brothers for the first time at The Liverpool Empire, he was still not a teenager and to see his dance steps and hear his voice and see his youth and pure enthusiasm to music. I went on to see Michael many times in Concert and the radio station I worked for in 1988 staged one of the biggest concerts ever in the UK on his Bad Tour at the famous Aintree race course, what an event that was!

Micheal played such an important part in the History of Pop, to become the modern day King to follow Elvis, he will never be forgotten, he has left us such rich memories with his Music that no one can take away.

My sincere Prayers, thoughts and condolences are with His Three Children and all His Family.

May this day MICHEAL Rest in Peace, one that he searched for!

No comments: