Monday 11 August 2008

Olympic's 2008 - 24 Hour News - Robert Newbery

It's Great currently to wake up and receive
such clear television pictures of the
OLYMPICS 2008 Live from China daily.

This morning it was the turn of the Diving
of course Great Britain all had high hopes
of our 14 year old TOM DALEY but to be
realistic it may?? be 2012 here in London. I did feel for BLAKE ALDRIDGE, Tom's Diving Pairs Partner, Tom needs to learn it is about TWO not just yourself.

It was so good to see one of my own personal favourites Aussie ROBERT NEWBERY (Pictured in China) who I have followed since he was 18 and still some years later he still looks good and did so well this morning, he richly deserved more. Great sportsmen like Robert inspire and are such a great role model for young up and coming Olympic Prospects!

We are so fortunate that television pictures can be beamed around the world so quickly and so clear, but it is not always good news. This last weekend and this morning we see the pointless loss of life and damage being done to Georgia - when will greed stop action like this happening and powers that are strong trying to show their might when they are just plain Bullies!

Recently we had pictures of earthquakes in Asia and it allows us to see the hurt and pain these people suffered, but it alerts us to help at the same time.

Enjoy the Olympics let's Hope it is a time of Peace when Sport can Unite Together!

1 comment:

Bruce Young said...

Hi, John. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I decided to check yours out and enjoyed it--great to hear the Four Tops singing as I opened your page.

Margaret and I are enjoying watching the Olympics. We took two of our kids to Beijing for a couple of weeks in 2005. Wish we could be there now.

Too bad I wasn't able to make connections with you during my 12 days in England last month (July 21-August 2), but my time was pretty well constantly taken up. Where do you live? I spent most of my time in Oxford with a few trips to Stratford and London.

Margaret's documentary continues to be well received. She's having a bit of a struggle getting everything into shape for a DVD release, but she hopes that will happen in October.

Best wishes, Bruce and Margaret