Wednesday 29 July 2009

Virus?



VIRUS? and this time we are not talking about the "Swine Flu" last Thursday afternoon I turned on my laptop only to find I kept getting a warning that my system was going to close down in 60 seconds due to "NTAUTHOIRTY.SYSTEM" this it did only to show the warning once again.

Friday morning I took my laptop into my computer dealer and he said he had never seen this warning before but he should have it resolved later in the day. I called back around 4.30pm to be told it seemed to be fine now and nothing had been lost, but they would run and test it overnight.

Saturday morning I went to collect my laptop, £35 which was more than I expected, but I was so glad to have it back. Until I powered it up and found that all my computer had been wiped, documents, photographs, birthdays, addresses and to even make it worse my PC which is made by HP keep all software on a divided hard drive had also been lost, including Microsoft Office and Word that I use daily.

It took me all day to get back onto line with my broadband ISP provider and to get my wireless set up working, then hours of updates and installing such as McAfee security.

I suppose the lesson is to backup, but how many of us do that daily?

1 comment:

Melly Mel said...

Oh no!!! Viruses are sad. What kind of Laptop do you have?