Wednesday 17 March 2010

ANDREW LLOYD-WEBBER'S - AMOR NUMQUAM MORITUR

Amor Numquam Moritur - Love Never Dies

At one time if anyone had ever said to me I would like musical I would have laughed at them, in my huge music collection it was mainly Soul, Gospel and Chart Pop. The the radio station I worked for decided to run listeners Theatre/Hotel trips to London's West End and on tour someone had to represent the station.

My first visit was to see The Phantom of the Opera and I had such doubts, but I came away loving it and currently I have seen this magic show sixteen times more since, now I would love to see it in Las Vegas in the specially developed theatre. I did many more theatre trips with listeners, Les Miserables, Miss Saigon bit it was the music of Andrew Lloyd-Webber that always reached out and touched me of course Phantom, but also Sunset Boulevard and Aspects of Love.

Now the latest production from the pen of Andrew Lloyd-Webber is a sequel to The Phantom of The Opera and it opened with The Premiere in London's West End last week LOVE NEVER DIES with the story moving to New York and Coney Island.

Listening to the two CD soundtrack of the musical, which has just been released along with a bonus DVD showing both the studio production of the album and rehearsals, along with amazing footage of Coney Island. Two tunes are simply outstanding and says so much about the talent of Andrew Lloyd-Webber. I have managed to get hold of a copy of the souvenir programme and the sets look fantastic.

Some of the critics reviews are knocking this new production but many more also knocked The Phantom of The Opera and they were wrong then, now I want to get to see Love Never Dies as soon as I can, no way can I wait until it tours the provinces of the UK.

No comments: